It was great seeing so many happy faces as our first week of house league games has started!
All players in Tyke, Novice, and Peewee/Minor Bantam have been assigned to teams and should have met (or heard from) their coach by now.
Paperweights will have combined practices again this week, and will be assigned to teams after Wednesday's session. They will receive their jerseys on Monday, May 2nd. Danny Atkinson is the Convener for the Paperweight Division. Please feel free to speak to Danny for any Paperweight specific questions.
David Blais is our Paperweight Development Coach and can answer questions about that program.
Although I will be at the arena as much as possible during the season (I've been at Holly close to 40 hours over the past two weeks), please remember that this is a volunteer position and I can't be there every night. The best way to reach me is via e-mail at email@example.com
Your child's coach should be your primary contact person for the remainder of the season.
A couple of important notes:
1) Only approved BMLA volunteers are permitted on the floor/bench. If you are interested in helping out with your child's team, please speak to their coach and he/she will pass your information on to me.
2) Except in emergency situations, parents are asked not to bother our timekeepers during games. In between games, they can often help you find me or another Board member, but they generally can't answer your specific questions.
3) Parents are asked not to approach referees with questions or concerns. If you are unsure about specific rules, calls, etc. please ask your coach or contact me.
4) Other than myself, Todd King (President) and Dennis Crossland (VP of League Development) are often at the arena and able to answer questions.
5) We have done out best to create balanced teams, however some players may be moved after the first few weeks in order to ensure that we have competitive teams across the board.
See you at the rinks!